Re: ZSON, PostgreSQL extension for compressing JSONB

От Vitaly Burovoy
Тема Re: ZSON, PostgreSQL extension for compressing JSONB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/4/16, Dorian Hoxha <dorian.hoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Aleksander Alekseev <a.alekseev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> Hello, Simon.
>>
>> Thanks for you interest to this project!
>>
>> > Will you be submitting this to core?
>>
>> I could align ZSON to PostgreSQL code style. I only need to run pgindent
>> and write a few comments. Do you think community would be interested in
>> adding it to /contrib/ ? I mean doesn't ZSON solve a bit too specific
>> problem for this?
>
> ~everyone wants lower data storage and wants some kind of compression.
> Can this be made to automatically retrain when analyzing (makes sense?)?
> And create a new dictionary only if it changes compared to the last one.

ANALYZE does not walk through all the table and does not change its records.
Creating a new dictionary for compressing purposes supposes updating
rows of the original table to replace entries to references to a
dictionary.

--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy