Re: Feature request: binary NOTIFY

От Mitar
Тема Re: Feature request: binary NOTIFY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 7:10 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah it is ... the internal async-queue data structure assumes
> null-terminated strings.  What's a lot worse, so does the
> wire protocol's NotificationResponse message, as well as every
> existing client that can read it.  (For instance, libpq's exposed
> API for notify messages hands back the payload as a null-terminated
> string.)  I don't think this is going to happen.

Ahh. Any particular reason for this design decision at that time?

What about adding NOTIFYB and LISTENB commands? And
NotificationBinaryResponse? For binary?

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Optimization of some jsonb functions
Сообщение: Re: Optimization of some jsonb functions