Re: [GENERAL] CRM where pg is a first class citizen?

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: [GENERAL] CRM where pg is a first class citizen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Also check Odoo (Python & PostgreSQL) & it has large community support.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 8:58 AM, John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> wrote:
>
> I don't develop on Drupal anymore but up to at least D7 Postgresql was still not a first class citizen.
>
> I've heard DB abstraction layer in D8 is much better but I don't have anything critical on Drupal anymore and life is too short to fight to see your patches refused from upstream because "supporting postgres is holding us back".
> Considering that most PHP web applications are not optimized for any DB and I wonder what features could a developer exploit to optimize for mysql, that's really a shame.
>
> I don't want to repeat the experience, especially on software I'm just going to use and not develop on.
>
> Forgive me for I have sinned: last Drupal I've installed was 7 and I picked up mysql and I still feel awkward when I've to deal with it.

I have been using Drupal with Postgres since 2005. Yes, there are sometimes issues, but it is rarely a problem unless you expect every third party module to support Postgres. All of the core modules work well with Postgres. The database abstraction layer works for the most part. The main benefit of Drupal is to get a base website up and going quickly. You can then write your own custom (Postgres only) module to implement the non-core features you need.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.