Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Even after installing PosGIS I’m not able to create new custom external type because the SQL does not return any value (Same behaviour as is in pgAdmin3) , But I’m able to list all of it’s properties of external types same as pgAdmin3 (PFA screenshots).

I have also attached patch for plain fields control (without lable & border) for backform. (Please apply it before testing new type patch)

Thanks,

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> - When editing a type, I cannot select a Grantee on the Privileges tab.
>
> This is general issue with privilege control.
> [We will add it in TODO list]

OK.

> - When adding a composite type, I cannot type/select directly in the
> grid, I have to expand the row.
>
> Because currently in Backgrid we do not have functionality like if I edit
> one cell second cell re-renders according the value of first cell,
> If we expand and select the type the other two fields (length &
> precision)are dependent on the value of type for composite types they become
> enable/disable accordingly.

That's must-have functionality. Please add a TODO for it.

> - If I click ADD to add a new member to a composite type whilst the
> previous row is expanded, the new row is added, but the expanded panel
> remains linked to the first row.
>
> - If I then click on the Edit button on the new row, I see two
> expanded panels, neither of which is attached to their row (and
> they're in the wrong order). I would only expect to see one panel at a
> time.
>
> This is general with sub-node collection control.
> [We will add it in TODO list]

OK.

> - When creating an External type, the Input, Output, Send, Receive and
> Analyze function lists are all blank. Is this expected? I would have
> thought there would be system functions listed as there are for Typmod
> in/out.
>
> Dave, I was not able to test External type functionality completely because
> it requires external type which is not inbuilt in postgres.
> Once you create that custom type using C/C++ code, it will be listed in
> those combobox by sql we are using to fetch external function types added by
> user in postgres.

I wonder if installing PostGIS would allow that testing to be done.

> - Why does "Range" type have a frame around it?
>
> So that we can make visible/hide all the control/elements related to Range
> type as whole instead having separate code for each control/element.
> That frame is because we used ‘FieldsetControl’ of backform to group all the
> elements of Range type.

Can you make it a plain div with no border/title? That would fit in
better with the existing styling, assuming the columns line up
properly.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page