Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Even after installing PosGIS I’m not able to create new custom external type
> because the SQL does not return any value (Same behaviour as is in pgAdmin3)
> , But I’m able to list all of it’s properties of external types same as
> pgAdmin3 (PFA screenshots).

Hmm, I wonder if that's a pgAdmin 3 bug. Please check the CREATE TYPE
docs, and make sure the queries we're using are appropriate to find
suitable functions. It's possible we've messed that up.

> I have also attached patch for plain fields control (without lable & border)
> for backform. (Please apply it before testing new type patch)

That looks better. I'll commit that patch.

> - I'm allowed to edit ENUM label names, but PostgreSQL doesn't support that.

This issue still exists.

I also noticed some weirdness with the error message display - please
see the attached screenshots. The one complaining about the missing
name is as I'd expect. The second one is showing the error message an
additional time. Please look at that.

I've attached an updated patch - I cleaned up some strings and
localisation tags in this version.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page