Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Adding connection status in Query tool

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Adding connection status in Query tool
Дата
Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Adding connection status in Query tool  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch,

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:44 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

PFA updated patch based on new design suggested by Chethana.
The patch also includes some misc fixes related to object validation.
RM#2475

This seems much nicer, but I still think there are some tweaks to make:

1) If I open a query tool, and then stop the application server, the icon is updated to show the broken connection. However, unless I execute a query in the query tool before the server is shut down, the connection status won't recover when the server is restarted. If I do run a query first (SELECT 1; will do), then the connection status will recover.

2) I think the "connected" icon should be in $primary-blue (#2c76b4). The green is ugly and not overly easy to read. It's also distracting as it catches the eye, which the default, non-error state should not do.
​Fixed​

3) I'm not overly happy with the the status text popover. After some thought, I think it's because there are no visual clues that you should click on the icon to see it - and Karen seems to be of a similar opinion. Can we put a small marker there, perhaps a triangle on the bottom-right, like you get on a spreadsheet cell if you add a comment/note? We should also have a hotkey and I guess a tooltip, e.g. "Connection status Ctrl+Alt+S" or similar.
​Fixed​
, added accesskey 'T' for TX status tooltip shortcut as 'S' is already taken for Save file option

Thanks!

Please review.

--
Regards,