pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory

От girish R G peetle
Тема pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory
Дата
Re: pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory
Список pgsql-admin
Hi
The question is regrading PostgreSQL 8.0.26 version on Linux platform. I know that 8.0 version is no longer supported. But one of our customer is using this version.
We are using File System based backup method to protect PostgreSQL server.

In PostgreSQL 8.2 and above versions, I can see that latest transaction log will be archived when pg_stop_backup is executed.

But in PostgreSQL 8.0 version this is not happening. A transaction log file gets archived only when it is completely filled.
Due to this behavior, the changes made to the server during pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup won't be captured in the archived transaction log.

Is there a way to switch the current transaction log file in Postgres 8.0 ?

Thanks
Girish