Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe

От girish R G peetle
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,
I just tracked pg_dump writing output to a file. (using procmon)
As indicated below data is not written in serial fashion.
If we use name pipe would this behavior cause problem ?

Inline image 2
Thanks
Girish

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for checking. Here is the details.
> PostgreSQL Version - 9.2.8

Hm.  A quick trawl of the git logs didn't find any relevant bug fixes
since 9.2.8.

> Dump command : pg_dump.exe -U postgres -Fc -b test

> Platform : Windows Server 2008 R2

> Output of dump command is redirected to write end of named pipe.

I'm suspicious that that's exposing you to Windows' infamous text-mode
data mangling.  You might try using "-f namedpipe" instead of a shell
redirect.

                        regards, tom lane

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: raid writethrough mode (WT), ssds and your DB. (was Performances issues with SSD volume ?)
Сообщение: Re: raid writethrough mode (WT), ssds and your DB. (was Performances issues with SSD volume ?)