PostgreSQL Stand By Database Server backup (without using pg_basebackup)

От girish R G peetle
Тема PostgreSQL Stand By Database Server backup (without using pg_basebackup)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
We want to perform File System based backup of PostgreSQL Standby Database server.

For Primary server we perform backup of data directory after invoking  pg_start_backup, once this is done, execute pg_stop_backup and backup archived transaction logs.

We are not able to follow same procedure for Standby server as pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup cannot be executed on stand by.

I am aware that pg_basebackup utility can be used to perform backup of standby but we don't want to use this utility. ( As backup of data directory is handled by third party backup vendor)

In this case what is the recommended way to backup standby database server (without using pg_basebackup utility) ?

Thanks
Girish