PostgreSQL File System Based Backup Restartability

От girish R G peetle
Тема PostgreSQL File System Based Backup Restartability
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL File System Based Backup Restartability
Список pgsql-admin
Hi
Is PostgreSQL file system based backup restart-ability possible ?

Steps
- Database size is 1 TB
- I'll execute pg_start_backup('label');
- I will traverse through the DATA directory to get the list of directories and files.
- I will start moving the files to backup media. ( over network )
- When I'm half way (500GB done), network error happens. So movement of files is halted.
- Network issue is resolve after 30 minutes (In this time files might have got deleted or added with creation/deletion of database/tables )
- I'll resume moving the files to backup media from where it had halted.
- When movement of files is done, I'll execute pg_stop_backup()
- I'll move all the transaction logs that got archived to backup media.

Is PostgreSQL server recovery to a consistent state possible with backup content obtained from above steps ?

Thanks
Girish