Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows

От girish R G peetle
Тема Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks a lot for the information Tom.

Thanks
Girish

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> writes:
> PostgreSQL file system based restore, ( copy database files from linux to
> windows) from Linux to Windows is supported ?
> I couldn't find any reference to this information in PostgreSQL
> documentation.

No.  The general project policy is that data files are only compatible
across one platform, ie, one OS and machine architecture.  (I'm pretty
sure this is stated somewhere in the docs, but am too tired to go
looking for chapter and verse.)

It might happen to work, if you're talking the same Intel-ish CPU type
on both ends ... but if it fails, don't call us.