Re: REINDEX CONCURRENT?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: REINDEX CONCURRENT?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9 November 2018 at 17:05, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this very useful feature on the TODO list, and high enough that it might
> get into v12?  (Indexes supporting PK and FK constraints just can't be
> dropped to use CREATE INDEX CONCURRENT.)

There is a patch [1] in the current commitfest which allows indexes to
be renamed without taking an access exclusive lock.  That's a sort of
precursor to allowing REINDEX CONCURRENTLY as, although we can build
indexes without blocking, we can't rename them and it's not much good
if you do a reindex and the new index appears with some other random
name.  If that patch gets in with a good amount of time to spare then
there's a decent chance we'd see a reindex concurrently command patch
appear soon after.