Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 16:06, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> On 2019/04/11 12:34, David Rowley wrote:
> > Now that we have 428b260f8, I think the version of this that goes into
> > master should be more like the attached.
>
> Thanks, looks good.

Thanks for looking.

> I've posted a patch last week on the "speed up partition planning" thread
> [1] which modifies ddl.sgml to remove the text about UPDATE/DELETE using
> constraint exclusion under the covers.  Do you think there's any merit to
> combining that with this one?

Probably separate is better. I don't think anything you're proposing
there is for back-patching, but I think the original patch over here
should be.

Сообщение: Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests
Сообщение: Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests