Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019/04/11 13:50, David Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 16:06, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I've posted a patch last week on the "speed up partition planning" thread
>> [1] which modifies ddl.sgml to remove the text about UPDATE/DELETE using
>> constraint exclusion under the covers.  Do you think there's any merit to
>> combining that with this one?
>
> Probably separate is better. I don't think anything you're proposing
> there is for back-patching, but I think the original patch over here
> should be.

OK, no problem.  I just thought to point out my patch because you've
posted a version of the patch here for HEAD *because of* 428b260f8, the
commit which also obsoleted the text that the other patch fixes.

Anyway, let's leave the other patch on its own thread where there are a
few other things to be sorted out.

Thanks,
Amit