Re: Convert Existing Table to a Partition Table in PG10

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Convert Existing Table to a Partition Table in PG10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1 July 2018 at 10:15, Clifford Snow <clifford@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> I also leaned that my range partition value I used on a timestamp needed to
> have fractional seconds. I used a range of 2017-01-01 00:00:00 to
> 2017-23:59:59 which failed when I attempted to add a record that had a
> timestamp of 2017-23:59:59. Adding a fractional second to the range solved
> the problem.

Please be aware that with RANGE partitions the upper bound is
non-inclusive. The lower bound is inclusive.

If you want a 2017 partition, then FOR VALUES FROM ('2017-01-01') TO
('2018-01-01') will allow all 2017 timestamps and only 2017
timestamps.

You've no need to consider precision of the type and how many 9's you
add to anything here.

Сообщение: Re: Convert Existing Table to a Partition Table in PG10
Сообщение: Re: Convert Existing Table to a Partition Table in PG10