Re: NOT IN subquery optimization

От David Rowley
Тема Re: NOT IN subquery optimization
Дата
Re: Re: NOT IN subquery optimization  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 13:13, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> "Li, Zheng" <zhelli@amazon.com> writes:
> > However, given that the March CommitFest is imminent and the runtime smarts patent concerns David had pointed out
(whichI was not aware of before), we would not move that direction at the moment.

> > I propose that we collaborate to build one patch from the two patches submitted in this thread for the CF.
>
> TBH, I think it's very unlikely that any patch for this will be seriously
> considered for commit in v12.  It would be against project policy, and
> spending a lot of time reviewing the patch would be quite unfair to other
> patches that have been in the queue longer.  Therefore, I'd suggest that
> you not bend things out of shape just to have some patch to submit before
> March 1.  It'd be better to work with the goal of having a coherent patch
> ready for the first v13 CF, probably July-ish.

FWIW, I did add this to the March CF, but I set the target version to
13.  I wasn't considering this for PG12. I see Zheng was, but I agree
with you on PG13 being the target for this.

Сообщение: Re: NOT IN subquery optimization
Сообщение: Re: NOT IN subquery optimization