Re: NOT IN subquery optimization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: NOT IN subquery optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Li, Zheng" <zhelli@amazon.com> writes:
> However, given that the March CommitFest is imminent and the runtime smarts patent concerns David had pointed out
(whichI was not aware of before), we would not move that direction at the moment.

> I propose that we collaborate to build one patch from the two patches submitted in this thread for the CF.

TBH, I think it's very unlikely that any patch for this will be seriously
considered for commit in v12.  It would be against project policy, and
spending a lot of time reviewing the patch would be quite unfair to other
patches that have been in the queue longer.  Therefore, I'd suggest that
you not bend things out of shape just to have some patch to submit before
March 1.  It'd be better to work with the goal of having a coherent patch
ready for the first v13 CF, probably July-ish.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Autovaccuum vs temp tables crash