Re: pg12 release notes

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pg12 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 12:08, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > 17f206f Set pg_class.relhassubclass for partitioned indexes
>
> I need help with this one.  I know the system column existed in previous
> releases, so how is it different now?  Do we document system table
> changes that are implementation-behavior in the release notes?  Usually
> we don't.

This appears to be fixing something that likely should have been done
in PG11, where partitioned indexes were added. Originally the column
was for inheritance parent tables, then later used for partitioned
tables.  It seems partitioned indexes just overlooked setting it to
true in PG11 and this commit fixed that.  Of course, backpacking that
fix wouldn't be very useful for partitioned indexes that were already
created, so it was a master only change.