Re: pg12 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg12 release notes
Дата
Re: pg12 release notes  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: pg12 release notes  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May  8, 2019 at 03:32:04PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I noticed you added release notes at bdf595adbca195fa54a909c74a5233ebc30641a1,
> thanks for writing them.
>
> I reviewed notes; find proposed changes attached+included.
>
> I think these should also be mentioned?
>
> f7cb284 Add plan_cache_mode setting
> 387a5cf Add pg_dump --on-conflict-do-nothing option.

I am confused how I missed these.  There is only one commit between
them, and I suspect I deleted them by accident.  I hope those are the
only ones.

> a6da004 Add index_get_partition convenience function

A C function just isn't normally mentioned in the release notes.

> 17f206f Set pg_class.relhassubclass for partitioned indexes

I need help with this one.  I know the system column existed in previous
releases, so how is it different now?  Do we document system table
changes that are implementation-behavior in the release notes?  Usually
we don't.

Applied patch attached, docs updated:

    http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-12.html

Вложения