Re: BUG #15536: ERROR: column "value " does not exist

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #15536: ERROR: column "value " does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday, December 5, 2018, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2018-Dec-05, Togou, Hakim wrote:

> Hi David,
> I have already quoted the values, this is my query right now:
> 'INSERT INTO assetmanagement$asset("id","ticker","fullname")
>       VALUES ('+'12345678910'+','+'test1'+','+'test2'+');
> It is an execute statement java action.

This is a completely different statement than you first showed --
completely different quoting in column names and values, etc.  You need
to be very exact and strict about what you post, because one of those
quoting things is likely the cause of your problem.  Don't try to
transcribe things manually ... you need to copy & paste instead.

You also need to show exactly what is the error message you're
obtaining.  The server log might be useful too.

> I have tried everything to get the insert a record into an postgres db. This
> is my sql query:
> 'INSERT INTO public."assetmanagement$asset"(ticker, fullname)
>         VALUES (test1,test2);'

Beyond that use prepared statements in Java for this kind of query.

And as written the java stuff does not have any quoting of values which is a problem for text data.

David J.