Re: [pgadmin-support] Removing pg_trgm Extension - Upgraded from 9.1to 9.5

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Removing pg_trgm Extension - Upgraded from 9.1to 9.5
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Chuck Reed <chuckreed@worleyco.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

We have recently upgraded from postgres 9.1 to 9.5. When we create a database dump from 9.5 and attempt to restore it on another 9.5 server, we are running into the following warnings retarding the pg_trgm extension:

pg_restore: WARNING:  type input function gtrgm_in should not be volatile

pg_restore: WARNING:  type output function gtrgm_out should not be volatile

I’m assuming these functions were added from the 9.1 extension and should be re-created from the 9.5 extension. This led me to try dropping the current pg_trgm extension, but it seems like the database doesn’t recognize it was already created:

=# drop extension pg_trgm;

ERROR:  extension "pg_trgm" does not exist

Trying to re-create the extension doesn’t complain that it’s already installed, but fails due to the functions already being in place:

=# create extension pg_trgm;

ERROR:  function "set_limit" already exists with same argument types

We haven’t run into this issue before and I am looking for advice on how to proceed. Should we just manually drop all of the tables associated with pg_trgm and then attempt to use CREATE EXTENSION again? Any help is greatly appreciated.

​See comment regarding "unpackaged" (under old_version) here:

Ideally you can do this on the 9.1 server which then should make the upgrade go smoothly.

David J.