Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, February 10, 2022, Guyren Howe <guyren@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 10, 2022, at 17:06 , Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com> wrote:

But SQL is a terrible, no good, very bad language.

I cannot accept such a religious persecution of SQL without a detailed explanation.

I feel like anyone who is defending SQL here isn’t aware of how much better the alternatives are, and how bad SQL really is.

I’m very comfortable in my ignorance and apathy here…since even you feel resigned to use PostgreSQL presently.  When you find an alternative you will substitute for PostgreSQL let me know.  I don’t see that PostgreSQL is best served trying to make you happy on this front.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Сообщение: Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?