Re: Trying to change the owner of some tables

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Trying to change the owner of some tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:42 PM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Everything has been corrected. The newly reloaded database is behaving much better. I did manage to get all my permission issues satisfied, although I have a followup question: For the two roles I wished to delete, I issued a revoke all privileges on each schema in the DB with a cascade option, but if I looked at table, relname in pg_class, I would still see that role as having select, update, and delete for the role's permission. Why wouldn't those be revoked when doing a revoke all privileges? Did I miss something?

Some permissions are inherited via PUBLIC and thus must be revoked by revoking them from PUBLIC and not the user inheriting them.  Revoke revokes stuff, it does not add the equivalent of a "deny" permission.  All permissions are denied until explicitly or implicitly granted.

HTH

David J.