Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> personally I prefer syntax without FOR keyword - because following keyword
> must be reserved keyword

> SET x = .., y = .. SELECT ... ;

Nope.  Most of the statement-starting keywords are *not* fully reserved;
they don't need to be as long as they lead off the statement.  But this
proposal would break that.  We need to put FOR or IN or another
already-fully-reserved keyword after the SET list, or something's going
to bite us.

Just throwing it ​out there but can we making putting SET inside a CTE work?

David J.