Re: [HACKERS] psql's \d and \dt are sending their complaints todifferent output files

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql's \d and \dt are sending their complaints todifferent output files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
>> The docs also indicate that we don't include materialized views as
>> part of "\d" which seems like an oversight somewhere.
>
> Where are you reading that?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/app-psql.html

First sentence:

"For each relation (table, view, index, sequence, or foreign table) or
composite type matching the pattern..."

I was expecting "materialized view" to be one of the parenthetical options.

> Experimentation shows that "\d" does include
> matviews, and that matches the code, which has this as the default
> expansion of \d:
>
>                 /* standard listing of interesting things */
>                 success = listTables("tvmsE", NULL, show_verbose, show_system);

\dT / "composite type" seems to be a special case.

David J.