Re: Reset sequence to current maximum value of rows

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Reset sequence to current maximum value of rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 12:57 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
INSERT into companies (company_nbr,company_name,industry,status) VALUES
(DEFAULT,'A new company name', 'Manufacturing',DEFAULT);

Yesterday, before learning to use DEFAULT for the company_nbr PK I entered
all rows using company_nbr 2342-2391. This morning, after running the
single-line INSERT command company numbers from 2341-2392 all had 'A new
company name' as the company_name.

There is no way, in the absence of a user trigger, that the above insert command changed pre-existing rows.  And if you cannot reproduce the behavior you claim to have seen I will continue to just assume you have faulty memory.

David J.