Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Jason Turim <jason@signalvine.com> wrote:

> I see, thanks.  Have you all considered making it an error to execute
> correlated queries without table qualifying the column names?

=E2=80=8BWill never happen.  I'm not even sure it would be desirable in a
greenfield situation let alone in an established product.

One automated way to handle this would be for a schema-aware static
analyzer to be run on the query in question and point out the discrepancy.
If we ever got something like that into core people could choose this
behavior as part of its configuration.  There is quite a bit of room
outside of core for tools of this nature to be of value.

David J.
=E2=80=8B

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute