Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute
Дата
Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute  (Jason Turim <jason@signalvine.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Jason Turim <jason@signalvine.com> wrote:
>
> > I see, thanks.  Have you all considered making it an error to execute
> > correlated queries without table qualifying the column names?
> >
> ​Will never happen.  I'm not even sure it would be desirable in a
> greenfield situation let alone in an established product.

The problem is that this is defined by the SQL standard, so we're not at
liberty to change it.  The opinion of several people is that it would be
safer to require the qualification.  If this were a green field I'm sure
we'd do it differently.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14250: Error in subquery fails silently and parent query continues to execute