Re: Global memory or local memory? (was Re: work_mem)

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Global memory or local memory? (was Re: work_mem)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday, April 2, 2021, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

If multiple users are querying the same regions of the same tables, does each process have to read the same blocks, or can they share ("oh look, some other process has already read into memory some of the data blocks I need, so I'll just share those buffers")?

All data pages are manipulated while in the shared memory area.  The size of which is controlled by the “shared_buffers” configuration option.

David J.