How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?

От David G. Johnston
Тема How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thursday, April 30, 2015, Andre_Mikulec <Andre_Mikulec@hotmail.com> wrote:
No, the server never starts.

As, I said; firewall disabled, secure essentials disabled, antivirus
disabled

I also made the following changes and retried

postgresql.conf
listen_addresses = '*'

pg_hba.conf
host        all             all             0.0.0.0/0               trust

Same response being produced by pg_ctl

LOG:  incomplete startup packet
LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it.

This seems to be a DEEP problem.
Does any one in the WORLD run PostgreSQL on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

You do understand there is more than one way to install PostgreSQL?  The core project doesn't directly support anything but source code installs.  You should be asking whomever you got your installer from for help.  Or, lacking that, consider a different distribution.  Because I am sure that not everyone in the world is subscribed to this list.  And troubleshooting Windows over email is not the easiest or most desirable thing to do - even if there is someone on this list who recognizes what this "Portable PostgreSQL" thing is.

David J.