Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk=

wrote:

>  Tom> If the named role is the same as the actual role, then it's
>  Tom> useless.  If they're different, it seems at best confusing.  In
>  Tom> the context of ALTER DATABASE SET, it seems both confusing and
>  Tom> possibly a security hazard.
>
> It _appears_ to silently fail if the user logging in is not actually a
> member of the specified role. I have not looked at the code.

=E2=80=8BWARNING:\s\spermission denied to set role "grouprole"
=E2=80=8B
David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail