Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

 > Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:
 >> I don't think this is documented but it has obvious uses.

 Tom> Does it?

For ALTER ROLE, there's actually a question that comes up not all that
infrequently on irc: "how do I arrange things so that what user 'foo'
does, by default, ends up owned by group role 'bar'"

I'm pretty sure I have never actually suggested that anyone do it this
way (because I had no idea it worked until I tried it just now), but I
can see the use case.

 Tom> If the named role is the same as the actual role, then it's
 Tom> useless.  If they're different, it seems at best confusing.  In
 Tom> the context of ALTER DATABASE SET, it seems both confusing and
 Tom> possibly a security hazard.

It _appears_ to silently fail if the user logging in is not actually a
member of the specified role. I have not looked at the code.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail