Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
Hmm, this seems to get into too much detail for that particular spot.
Also, this paragraph is there precisely to let the reader know they can
use the pipeline mode with older server versions.  I don't disagree with
rewording the paragraph in a similar way to what you outline in the
first two phrases (not exactly that though), but the third one you
propose seems a bit out of place.  Why not add a few words to
PQsendQuery() doc blurb instead?

Kinda feel it should be mentioned generally as a limitation of the mode just like not allowing sync calls.  Specifically, in 34.5.1.  I’m good with 34.5 not covering that specific point.

Whether or how to address the behavior of PQsendQuery in 34.5.1.1 to also address its behavior due to this would be a further, independent, change.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR