Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2021-Oct-20, David G. Johnston wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, this seems to get into too much detail for that particular spot.
> > Also, this paragraph is there precisely to let the reader know they can
> > use the pipeline mode with older server versions.  I don't disagree with
> > rewording the paragraph in a similar way to what you outline in the
> > first two phrases (not exactly that though), but the third one you
> > propose seems a bit out of place.  Why not add a few words to
> > PQsendQuery() doc blurb instead?
>
> Kinda feel it should be mentioned generally as a limitation of the mode
> just like not allowing sync calls.  Specifically, in 34.5.1.  I’m good with
> 34.5 not covering that specific point.

Yeah, seems good to me.

> Whether or how to address the behavior of PQsendQuery in 34.5.1.1 to also
> address its behavior due to this would be a further, independent, change.

I think also mentioning in 34.5.1.1 after explaining in 34.5.1 is not
very interesting; to me it sounds like 34.4 is a better place:

"After successfully calling PQsendQuery, ...  that the command is done.

 In pipeline mode, commands strings containing more than one SQL command
 are disallowed."

or something like that.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17235: PQsendQuery (with two sql) after PQenterPipelineMode cause ERROR