Re: Please provide examples of rows from

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Please provide examples of rows from
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 12:37 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 03:05:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Yes, this is very helpful.  I was afraid the JSON would overwhelm the
> > example, but this looks good.  I wrote the attached doc patch which I
> > think improves this.  I plan to apply it to all supported versions.
>
> Couple thoughts:
>
> * Taking the initial ... out of the syntax synopsis is not an improvement.
> It makes it look like you can only apply AS to the first function of a
> ROWS FROM.

Oh, so the dots represent optional non-column_definition function calls.
I can't think if a cleaner way to show that, so I guess "..." will have
to do.

My original comment was a question predicated upon the fact that the SELECT reference page doesn't include the leading; probably should add them there as part of this patch.

OK, better.  New patch attached.

LGTM

David J.