Re: permission denied (even when run as postgres) for views aftermaking their owner nosuperuser

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: permission denied (even when run as postgres) for views aftermaking their owner nosuperuser
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 7:32 AM, Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
In fact, there is no way on earth I can regain access to view fuser.testforfu for any user (postgres included) unless I change its ownership (or make fuser a superuser).

is this normal? documented? Am I missing anything?

​When dealing with views the owner of the view is performing all of the queries.  So if you make the view owner lack permission to access the underlying tables the view isn't going to work no matter the permissions of the view caller.

Documented here:

"Access to tables referenced in the view is determined by permissions of the view owner."

David J.