Re: PostgreSQL 9.5 and process REST calls enquiry

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.5 and process REST calls enquiry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Peter van Eck <peter@vaneckzone.net> wrote:

Hi, We are looking into setting up a PostgreSQL environment for an application that inputs JSON through via http rest calls.

Now that we havent been using Postgres for these kind of setups I was wondering what the course of action is in setting this up.

The development team is coding this in srpingboot with an embedded mongodb version. Do we have to configure pgrest for instance to enable postgres for processing JSON rest calls via HTTP or is that not necessary ?
Again just puzzling in how to approach this...

​PostgreSQL doesn't speak HTTP so you will need some piece of software/middleware that is capable of speaking both HTTP and PostgreSQL.​  You already have eas access to a HTTP understanding container in Spring/Java and a JDBC driver but there may be some extensions and/or applications out there - like this pgrest you speak of though its GitHub page shows little recent activity - that can provide an abstraction layer for you.  I'll leave it to your favorite search engine and others to provide recommendations in this area.

David J.