Re: Please add the ability to add columns into the middle of a table.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Please add the ability to add columns into the middle of a table.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Patrick Headley <pheadley@linxco-inc.com> wrote:
I would like it if pgAdmin could generate the script to insert table columns into the middle of an existing table. This is something that is available in the SQL Server Management Studio, which uses essentially the same steps that I described in my initial request. So, hte answer is neither A or B but to script the insertion of columns into an existing table, which requires the creation of a replacement table with the new columns.

I've attached one of my scripts to this message. This script is pretty complex.
That qualifies as option A

If it can be done via a script I'd suggest just adding said script to our Wiki.  I see very little benefit to having this embedded into pgAdmin.​

But hey, maybe this is something the pgAdmin4 team would want to consider.

Without native column-reorder support in the database I'm highly skeptical of adding something like this into pgAdmin.  The complaints we're likely to receive by users outweigh the benefit, IMO.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Please add the ability to add columns into the middle of a table.
Сообщение: Re: Please add the ability to add columns into the middle of a table.