Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 9:24 AM Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't have a 3rd server to install ora2pg to connect between two oracle and postgres db servers.  Contract is not
fundedto get extra server(s) and/or training.

Assuming the existing Oracle server is in production I would recommend
you not install stuff there which only leaves the new PostgreSQL
server as an option given your apparent limitations.

That's likely that last I will say on the topic - I agree with
Laurenz's sentiments; You don't seem to be in a position to personally
fulfill this contract that you've been assigned and you need to
consider how to deal with that fact.  You haven't even gotten to the
hard part yet and your hands are tied in ways they should not be
(i.e., the machine you are performing the work on, a newly created
virtual machine workstation ideally, should have internet access).

David J.

От: Pepe TD Vo
Сообщение: Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL
От: Pepe TD Vo
Сообщение: Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL