Re: replication consistency checking

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: replication consistency checking
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Jun  4, 2015 at 01:03:00PM +0200, hydra wrote:
> Thanks Greg, this looks nice.
>
> However my original question still remains. You know, every software has bugs,
> every bits and pieces can break, hardware can be misbehaving. Really, checking
> the data and counting the checksum is the only way to be sure.

I believe MySQL needed such a tool because it had known replication
synchronization problems  ---  Postgres does not, so has no such tool.

​Its those unknown replication synchronization problems that ​this tool would be able to catch...

How to page checksums factor into this?

David J.

Сообщение: Re: replication consistency checking
Сообщение: Re: replication consistency checking