Re: Fix output of zero privileges in psql

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Fix output of zero privileges in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 7:29 PM Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:
On 2023-10-20 22:35 +0200, David G. Johnston wrote:
> In short, I don't want default privileges to start to obey \pset null when
> it never has before and is documented as displaying the empty string.  I do
> want the empty string produced by empty privileges to change to (none) so
> that it no longer is indistinguishable from our choice of presentation for
> the default privilege case.

I haven't thought off this yet.  The attached v3 of my initial patch
does that.  It also includes Laurenz' fix to no longer ignore \pset null
(minus the doc changes that suggest using \pset null to distinguish
between default and empty privileges because that's no longer needed).

Thank you.

It looks good to me as-is, with one possible nit.

I wonder if it would be clearer to say:

"If the Access privileges column is *blank* for a given object..."

instead of "empty" to avoid having both "empty [string]" and "empty privileges" present in the same paragraph and the empty string not pertaining to the empty privileges.

David J.