Re: BUG #17572: Different behaviour in different versions of postgresql details as in email

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #17572: Different behaviour in different versions of postgresql details as in email
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      17572
Logged by:          Rujul Jain
Email address:      rujuljain123@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.4
Operating system:   Linux

On our development server , we have used (on windows)
PostgreSQL 14.2, compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64-bit

On our production server, we have used (on linux Centos 7)
PostgreSQL 14.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623
(Red Hat 4.8.5-44), 64-bit

We have noticed the difference in behavior while reading column of type
BYTEA from our tables

If you can provide a self-contained demonstration of the behavior using a self-contained psql script (show your output of running it via shell on both machines) that would help.

David J.