BUG #17572: Different behaviour in different versions of postgresql details as in email

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17572: Different behaviour in different versions of postgresql details as in email
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17572
Logged by:          Rujul Jain
Email address:      rujuljain123@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.4
Operating system:   Linux

On our development server , we have used (on windows)
PostgreSQL 14.2, compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64-bit

On our production server, we have used (on linux Centos 7)
PostgreSQL 14.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623
(Red Hat 4.8.5-44), 64-bit

We have noticed the difference in behavior while reading column of type
BYTEA from our tables

In development server, when this value is converted to TEXT, it doesnt start
and end with double quotes.

But In production server, when this value is converted to TEXT, it starts
and ends with double quotes.

We have checked the following commands, they return same value in Postgresql
server of development and production.

SHOW SERVER_ENCODING;
SHOW CLIENT_ENCODING;
SELECT * FROM information_schema.character_sets where
default_collate_catalog = '[dbname]';

Pls suggest what we are missing.Do you think downgrading Postgresql on Linux
to 14.2 version will fix the issue?