Re: executing os commands from a function

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: executing os commands from a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Armand Pirvu (home) <armand.pirvu@gmail.com> wrote:
I used plsh extension but I had to use two functions and a trigger, see code below

​I don't see any way to not use a trigger given your requirement.  And as written I don't see that you need the second function​ - just write the trigger function in plsh.  Admittedly its probably better to have two functions from an architecture standpoint.

Listen/Notify doesn't seem to make sense as you want the server to ensure that the file exists - not some other client that may or may not be connected.

​David J.