Re: My Database getting dropped anonymously

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: My Database getting dropped anonymously
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thursday, June 20, 2024, Sekar S <sekar.newtran@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new the PostgreSQL.  I have setup my PostgreSQL instance in Azure cloud.

VM & OS         - Linux, Ubuntu 22.04, Size - Standard B2s (2 vcpus, 4 GiB memory)
PostgreSQL     -  psql (14.12 (Ubuntu 14.12-0ubuntu0.22.04.1))

Past few days, I'm seeing repeated instances of my Database getting dropped which is weird.

2024-06-21 03:23:58.922 UTC [99987] nectar_dvpr@nectardev_db01 DETAIL:  Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 93: "host    all             all             0.0.0.0/0               md5"

The issue it seems is you not securing the system well enough so hackers can break in and mess with you.  I suggest you disable public internet access to your database which should mitigate the issue and give you time to learn more to create defense in depth.  In particular - md5 is obsolete.  Choose the scram-sha-256 method and then ensure you have strong passwords in place.

David J.