Re: Question about psql meta-command with schema option doesn't use visibilityrule

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Question about psql meta-command with schema option doesn't use visibilityrule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, November 7, 2021, Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro.yamada.tf@nttcom.co.jp> wrote:

I have a question that is a specification of permission check
(visibilityrule) for psql meta-command with schema option.

From the above results, I expected "\dX s_a.*" doesn't show any info
as same as "\dX". but info is displayed. I'm wondering this behavior.

I'm maybe missing something, but if this is a problem, I'll send a
patch. Any comments are welcome!

Visibility means search_path, not permission.  If s_a is not in the search_paths it objects are not visible unqualified but can be seen (catalog) when schema qualified.

David J.