Re: Question about psql meta-command with schema option doesn't use visibilityrule

От Tatsuro Yamada
Тема Re: Question about psql meta-command with schema option doesn't use visibilityrule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi David,

>     I have a question that is a specification of permission check
>     (visibilityrule) for psql meta-command with schema option.
>
> Visibility means search_path, not permission.  If s_a is not in the search_paths it objects are not visible
unqualifiedbut can be seen (catalog) when schema qualified.

Thanks for your comments! I understood them:
  - all users can show System catalog (pg_catalog. *) is a
    specification, so it is not a bug
  - visibility and permission are not the same (I confused it before, oops)

Regards,
Tatsuro Yamada

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Make mesage at end-of-recovery less scary.
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1