Re: Disable copy function

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Disable copy function
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 2:34 AM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> >   prasanna> Hi Team
> >   prasanna> How do I disable copy option from database, i understand
> >   prasanna> usually this option will be available only for super user,
> >   prasanna> however we need to disable fully from DB.. please advice
> >
> > Why?
>
> ISTM that a lot of people on this list have never worked in large companies
> run by unimaginative people who only know "Best Practice".   This crazy
> question smells of that: OP has been tasked with blocking COPY or coming
> back with an authoritative document saying why it can't be done.

I'd probably be on board with a compile-time option to disable
filesystem access by the postgres service from within the SQL
interface...language-wise the server operator can already make them
unavailable, if sand-boxing isn't an option.

As for the whole not working in a large corporation - I'd rather not
deal with that and revert to just answering the question that was put
forth, with a nod toward the fact that indeed what is being asked is
likely too narrow to be effective (beyond a checkbox on a piece of
paper) even if accomplished.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Backup solution over unreliable network
Сообщение: Re: Backup solution over unreliable network