Re: PostgresSQL 10 | Driver 42.2.5 | Float Conversion Issue

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: PostgresSQL 10 | Driver 42.2.5 | Float Conversion Issue
Дата
Re: PostgresSQL 10 | Driver 42.2.5 | Float Conversion Issue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På tirsdag 20. oktober 2020 kl. 20:59:45, skrev David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
there should, IMO, be a big fat warning "Don't use the float datatype, at all" somewhere.

 Chapter 8.1

David J.

Many, at least non-programmers, expect computers to act like calculators when it comes to numbers and arithmetic operations, and I can't blame them.

Our target audience here is programmers so while I agree with the observation I don’t see its relevance.  Programming computers and using numbers means at some point you need to be at least aware of floating point dynamics and choose appropriate data types.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: PostgresSQL 10 | Driver 42.2.5 | Float Conversion Issue
Сообщение: Re: PostgresSQL 10 | Driver 42.2.5 | Float Conversion Issue