Re: raising error when max length of sql object's name reached

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: raising error when max length of sql object's name reached
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018, Thomas Poty <thomas.poty@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Community,

Currently I works with a 9.6.7 and  I wonder If PostgreSQL could raise an error instead of truncate the name of a SQL object (eg: a column name, an alias for a column in select statement , a table name, etc...)    when the length exceed 63 characters?

Last discussion I found was 2012.

In short, it likely will never be the new default and an option to control it is undesirable.  This would be better addressed as part of static analysis at this point.

David J.